Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wool and Silk and Wool

P's yellow sock is crawling along to the heel. It is the only sock I have on the needles at the moment, which is kind of weird:
Girl-child's monkey is coming along. I've altered the order of things from the pattern a bit, trying to make the process a little easier than the first one. The feet, legs and behind are done, and I've started the tail so that it can all be stuffed as I go.

The Clapotis is done. I am actually blocking it. That may have been a mistake, as imperfections can be seen better when it is stretched out, but I think when it's draped over shoulders those flaws will be less obvious. P likes to call it my mantilla:
In the meantime, I've started washing out wintery things and hanging them out to dry so they can be packed away until fall:
Some are lying flat:
There's a lot left to be done:
For those of you so kind as to ask, and for those who are wondering, Boy-child is doing ok. There's a lot to be done to get him back on track but I'm hoping that slow and steady will win.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah ha ... back in business ... just look at all that knitting ... a round of applause for your fiber fascination!
fish

Suzique said...

Wow, I'm pretty blown away at the amount of things you've made! and they all look great. nice work! may the force be with you this week.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a whack of accumulated knitting on the table there. Good work.

I was digging through a basket of yarn yesterday and unearthed three skeins of Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in the midnight colorway. It has been tickling the back of my mind ever since as I try to think of that it would be good for that is NOT lace -- your clapotis gave me an idea :-)