Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On Libraries



Everyone loves libraries and librarians.

As I gear up to attend my second American Libraries Association Conference in Chicago next month, I can't help but reminisce on how fun it was to be in Washington, D.C. two years ago for the same. It's wonderful to be able to attend a professional conference. It's wonderful to be able to tell people what you do for a living without being accosted with travel horror stories and complaints about air fares. It's wonderful to find out what's happening in other places, because the field of librarianship is so wide and so deep that you just never know what you're going to stumble upon when you go to such a conference.


And would you believe - what timing - a book club discussion at St Kate's this fall is going to center around Persepolis. Loved that book. The discussion is open to students, faculty, staff, and alumnae.


(Thanks, Susan)

1 comment:

Suzique said...

How true about comments on one's profession! When I tell someone what I do for a living they usually say, "Oh, I just love librarians!" (or libraries).