Thursday, June 18, 2009

How (not) to Get Your Boulevard Trees Trimmed

Read it and weep – this is my correspondence with the city regarding trimming trees on my block.

Note the dates.

Also, we are within five miles of the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) detected in St Paul on May 14, 2009.

*

soxanne 6/10/2008 10:44 AM

Good morning.

I see from your map that my block is not scheduled for a boulevard tree trimming until 2011 or later.

Tell me it isn’t so.

We have several trees that are in desperate need of a trim and one that needs to be replaced on our block. My house is ****, the next-door neighbors were told they would have a replacement tree at the end of last summer (still nothing there) and two doors down the branches are so low I have to duck sometimes when I’m walking by...

Please, can we have some attention on the last block of **** between **** and ****?

Thanks,

Anne

*

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:00:17 -0500
From: tree person
To: soxanne
Subject: Re: tree trimming scheudle

Anne thank you for your inquiry, I will put in a service request to have your boulevard trees trimmed.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Thank you.

City Of St.Paul
Parks and Recreation
Forestry Division

*

soxanne 6/18/2009 10:55 AM

To date we have not seen any trimming. I was wondering what the status of this was, particularly given the EAB situation (most of the boulevard trees on my block are Mountain Ash - does this make a difference?)

Also, while walking to the bus stop the other morning I noticed a blind woman with a guide dog walk smack into low hanging branches on **** Parkway between **** and **** (1-1/2 blocks from my home).

Thank you,

Anne

*

Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:35:15 -0500
From: tree person
To: soxanne
Subject: RE: tree trimming scheudle

Anne,

Thank you for the follow up, the request was enter on June 12, which was last Friday. For a trim to take place, it can take 6-8 weeks or longer to have that done. We have it documented and will get to the area for a trim as soon as we can.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have or be causing you, but we are doing our best to fulfill all request.

Thank you


City Of St.Paul
Parks and Recreation
Forestry Division

*

soxanne 6/18/2009 11:37 AM

I believe that may have been June 12 of last year - could you please double check that?

(see dates on previous notes)

Thank you.

Anne

*

That would have been June 12, 2009 that I entered the service request in.

Thank you

City Of St.Paul
Parks and Recreation
Forestry Division

*

?

1 comment:

fish said...

well, if this is an indication, totally governement takeover when it comes will be slow and confused