Friday, August 1, 2008

Headlines

So did you hear that Jerry Lewis was detained at the Las Vegas airport for trying to board with a pistol? Apparently he claimed it was a prop and he didn't know it was in his carry on. Makes me giggle just thinking about it.

I bet he doesn't fit their usual profile for the type of person who enters the airport packing heat.

Reminds me of a few times when I've been stopped. And Boy-child too.

Did you see the latest McCain commercial that plays Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and Barak Obama as similar celebrity types? Look alikes too, I say. Triplets separated at birth.

On a brighter note, the folks in Turner, Maine can check out garden tools at their library. What a great idea! I wonder if I can get them through InterLibrary Loan?

And whaddaya think? Did the US offer Karadzic immunity or not? He claims that there was an agreement between himself and Holbrooke. Seriously, the guy is sick and crazy. But the US government has done some strange things over the years.

No comments: