Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Knitting News

Yes, I have been doing knitterly things ...

First, I scored Lorna's Laces sock yarn in Franklin's Panopticon colorway:

After calling around town I found it at Sheepy in White Bear Lake. I am so excited that I will have Franklin keeping my feet warm this winter (I love how that sounds!)


Also, I found a kit at 3Kittens for a tank made from a Karabella that is a silk/cotton blend for summer:


Even though I just finished a tank - this how it looked before blocking - the cotton looks very cottony, but I rather like the way it turned out anyway:
(I really should give up with the 100% cotton yarn for sweaters)

I've made good progress on a pair of gift socks in bamboo:

And I finished the first of my Mothers' Day socks - made from the bamboo/wool hand dyed hank that I got at the Yarnery with a gift certificate from my kids:

It's Mean Girl's Reversi pattern and I really like the way it looks!

2 comments:

Suzique said...

ack. (no, really, cute sox etc.

Anonymous said...

your yarn colors ... love 'em ... and that tank is darling ... see ... you can knit outside the sock
fish person