Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Flowers

In spite of the fact that I dislike hot weather, I do enjoy a number of things about summer. Mostly the flowers.

I love clematis, and this one is particularly cool because of the furry centers that are left lingering after the petals are gone:



And these roses were quite a find - not hard to care for and they bloom twice a season now that they're fairly established:

This is the original clematis that started as a sickly, last-one-left-at-the-nursery pathetic little thing. Now it climbs up the vine on the house so the flowers are everywhere:

3 comments:

Suzique said...

Oh, these are great photos!

soxanne said...

Thanks!

Glad you like them. I'll try to get to the back yard with the camera this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I totally agree that the photos are wonderful ... I tried a scratch and sniff even ... they looked so real!
That fish person