Thursday, July 24, 2008

Odds 'n' Ends

Here we are - it's Thursday already...in trying to get back to normal, here are a few musings for the week:

*We saw the new Batman movie last night - arrived too late to see it on the IMAX, so ended up at MOA and saw it on a regular screen. It was too long. Not enough Bruce Wayne. I liked Batman Begins better. I love Morgan Freeman.

*Yes, Heath Ledger did a good job, but seriously, when did a movie like this ever get considered for Oscar nomiations for anything but special effects and/or sound?

*I hope Heath Ledger had a good time being the bad guy since he had only had pretty-boy parts before.

*My Stitch'n'Bitch calendar directed me to a blog done by a group in Madrid. It lead me to another spot where there is Spanish knitting vocabulary and some nice patterns. I can also dream of being in Madrid.

*This comes not long after seeing Vantage Point which took me back to Salamanca. And a friend sent me postcards recently from Barcelona and Sevilla. I am suffering Spain nostalgia in a big way.

*I found a kit for a tank in sage green yarn by Karabella at 3Kittens during my week from *ell. I think the gods were pitying me. Now all I have to do is finish what I am currently working on so I can cast on the new one.

*Pictures coming this weekend. Hopefully.

No comments: