Thursday, January 29, 2009

In the News

What a weird exchange; I've never seen Hardball, but if it's usually like this I guess I'm not missing anything I'd want to watch:


Why do men always have to imagine women they're dealing with as a potential mate? I'm sure this guy would never imagine what it would be like to live with a liberal journalist who is a male if he were to have a similar exchange with a man ...

In the meantime, I'm cleaning up my delicious page - here's the weird news that I've found under blogfodder:

PETA sent a letter to Ben and Jerry's suggesting they use human breast milk in their ice cream instead of cows' milk. This is from last September; I think that I was under the impression I would think of clever comments to accompany the post. I remain speachless.

The kosher slaughterhouse in Postville, Iowa continues to have legal problems. This is interesting on so many different levels. If your curiosity is piqued by the story, I suggest you read Postville. I believe Postville was the first book discussed for my current book club (and may be one of the few that everyone read...).

And this just in today, in Tikrit, Iraq, a new statue was unveiled to honor the journalist who threw his shoes at W:

Photograph: Mahmud Saleh/AFP/Getty Images

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's an elected official? Who does he represent? Yikes! and breast milk? PETA doesn't want animal milk to be used? Am I missing something here or is this all just a bit wierd? ok ... my word verification is "weenie" do you think that applies to that guy in the video?
a fussing fish