Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Village

I received an e-mail recently telling me that Peralillo does not have a Wikipedia entry which I took, perhaps mistakenly, to be a suggestion that I could make an entry. Frankly, I don't think there's enough material for an article in Wikipedia. So here's an introduction to our humble village...

This is the entry to our property:
And this is Main Street or, for those of you studying Spanish, Calle Principal:Of course, there is a church with a bell-tower:
And lovely windows with wrought iron and lace:

There's always a neighbor who doesn't keep up their property:

We have a fire hydrant:

And a stop sign:
The nicest building in town is the new school, which says something for the direction the country is taking:
And that, my friends, is pretty much the entire village. When I speak of going into town, I'm referring to Vicuña. Today we're going to the biggest city in the region, La Serena.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that your village has A (one) fire hydrant and A (one) stop sign. Perhaps that is why it does not have its own Wikipedia entry.