Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peralillo

NOW I'm on vacation! This is what I woke up to this morning:

To give you an idea of the length of the trip, this is how far I got on the sock that I cast on in MSP airport when we left Friday morning: The colors are way off, but that doesn't really matter for my purposes today - I want to impress on everybody that I've done the leg, the heel and I'm halfway down the foot of the first sock. A pair usually takes me 4-6 weeks to make.

It was a long trip.

For reasons I will not go into here, we took a bus from Santiago to Vicuña which is about 7-8 hours. Now, the bus was actually a lot more comfortable than the plane. The bathrooms on the plane are nicer though. I guess you can't have everything. At any rate, we got here pretty late Saturday. At some point I looked at my ankles and was quite alarmed by their deformed appearance. I am happy to say that now they're almost back to normal .... have to keep in mind on the way back that little ankle excersises are very important...

And for those of you who were weirded out by the first world appearance of everything here, I just want you to know we've stayed traditional with the toaster: And, as Girl-child pointed out this morning, here the eggs come with feathers:

Off to the pool again - gotta get those ankles back!

P.S. Broadband here is not too wide, so if anyone sees important news on the MN Senate seat, please e-mail me.

4 comments:

Suzique said...

What a gorgeous view! and of course I love the feathered eggs. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

... it is 8 degrees here ... it snowed all day yesterday and dropped to way below zero last night and the wind is wicked ... enjoy your view ...
a frozen fish

Anonymous said...

article on WCCOtv for 19Dec -
Dec 19, 2008 3:43 pm US/Central
New Leader In Minn. Senate Marathon: Franken ST. PAUL (AP) ―

Franken led Coleman by 262 votes as the state Canvassing Board wrapped up four days of work resolving hundreds of disputed ballots...
Of course there is more to come and there was more to this article but ... wow, eh?
see what you are missing????
Sue

Anonymous said...

Is that a jacaranda tree? Gorgeous view! I love the feathered egg -- I bet the food tastes like real food, as opposed to the plastic-wrapped, hormone-filled, MSG-enhanced quasi-food that we encounter here.