Saturday, January 23, 2010

Beautification Project

You may recall that last November, on an outing that was art filled and inspiring, Girl-child and I tagged a bleak corner of our fair city, leaving a small splash of colorful fun over I94:
This week Girl-child, Friend and I went back to the fence. We hope to add to it regularly, in an attempt to transform the drab space into a cheery corner. We chose the brightest yarn we could find.
Although interrupted briefly by a friendly police officer who was concerned that we may be throwing ourselves or objects off the overpass and into the oncoming traffic, I reassured him that such was not the case. I also took the initiative to educate him on what we were doing. The nice young man, seeing that I was not unlike his mother, took the lesson well and drove away while we finished up.

Hopefully there will be more to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, excellent, especially the police officer :)

Suzique said...

Yes; now I'm trying to picture you as the mother of a police officer. Nothing is coming into focus yet!