Thursday, May 28, 2009

Clapotis, No Socks

Boy-child has taken the first step to pulling himself together and we are hopeful tonight.


I've been busy. Very busy. Not going to work though, so no sock progress. Sock knitting is for bus riding. Tomorrow I will go to work and knit on a sock.

I have been working on a Clapotis in black silk. Very nice.

You get the idea. I bought the original yarn in Washington, D.C. when I attended ALA in 2007. I was cold in the conference rooms and I thought it would be nice to have a summer wrap for next time I attend ALA. That would be this July. I didn't have enough yarn, but found some on Ravelry. Now all I have to do is finish it. Perhaps I should block it when I'm done, eh? I love the look of the dropped stitches and I love anything knit on the bias.

We've been watching movies, but there haven't been any particularly good ones. Right now we have South Pacific* out from the library (wow, hard to believe - and we only made it to intermission so far), as well as The Good Earth. Oh, and we recently saw Berlin: Symphony of a Great City, Opus 1. That was good.

In the meantime, I've pulled out some flower pictures, which I take regularly when I'm out walking.

*We did South Pacific as a school musical when I was in Junior High. I was in the pit orchestra. The girl who had the best voice in the school was black, so she couldn't have the part of Nellie Forbush; she had to play the part of Bloody Mary. (I mean, seriously folks, there was a kiss in the play between Nellie and Emile. Since there were no black boys at all, good voice or bad, to play the part of Emile, Nellie had to be white. To make up for it, Bloody Mary sang the same songs over and over. Carolyn, honey, wherever you are, thank the gods that your kids don't have to suffer through the same).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for hope and flowers and silk knitting and especially hope.

Fede said...

Bravo por M. Seguro que todo irá bien.
Un clapotis de seda ¿abriga o sólo es de adorno?

Anonymous said...

the clematis and the clapotis ... sure but oh my do those cl...tis words have color and interest!
fish