Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bags and Bags of Yarn and Socks

I found a new bag today, and I was feeling a little guilty (but just a little) and then I saw this post from Sheepish Annie; it was comforting to me to know that others have problems with bag acquisition. It's not a very good picture, but you get the idea. (Score from Nordstrom's Rack, actually).

When I got home, I started rearranging things, and I've designated an old Kate Spade bag as my "finished socks and ongoing projects as well as possible projects" bag.

The FSaOPawaPPB looks like this:
The red is silky wool for a potential seamless sweater from Custom Knits, the black is a silk purchased when I was in DC for ALA two years ago, the fuschia is for Boy-child's next pair of socks, the yellow for P's next pair of socks...

The reason the "finished" socks are in there instead of being in a drawer with other socks is because the ends have to be worked in. This is something I do as a massive fall project; any sock finished between mid-April and the end of September is not needed, so they are not properly done until the weather gets cold again. I don't like working in the ends; it's like sewing.

Of course, it may freeze this weekend, so who knows? Maybe I'll need those socks on Sunday when I plant flowers.

Speaking of socks, I finished the Poseidons this morning:

I do like how they turned out. The color is quite electric.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I see the new bag ... think you need another and break it down further ... the blue and the pattern of the new socks is fabulous! Such a knitter you are!
fish

Fede said...

Me encanta ese color.

Suzique said...

Love that blue!