Sunday, December 20, 2009

Where is Everybody?

Where are my friends? No one is blogging.* I wonder why?

Oh, right, it's Christmas this week.

I've had my own issues as the holiday bears down on me.

Disasters:

The top third of the tree has no lights. While trying to figure out the problem in order to fix it, I almost tipped the whole $#@&* thing over this afternoon.

The first round of oatmeal shortbread cookies could not be eaten by anyone with any type of dental work because the sprinkles used were new and very hard. Tooth-breakingly hard.

The first round of date balls were a catastophe. Not sure what happened but I'm blaming it on the dates.

I have not knit a single stitch today.

Boy-child is sick. Again.

Positives:

I made (microwave) fudge for the first time ever and it is, if I may say so myself, quite good.

The second round of date balls turned out. They are delicious, as always. (Auntie's recipe is THE BEST).

The children were happy with the first round of oatmeal shortbreads; every one of them has been eaten and a second batch made.

Girl-child is home. This is a very good thing because she keeps me from going over the edge (and throwing out the tree).

I am not doing any Christmas knitting; thank the gods.

To do:

Wrapping. All of it.

One more batch of spritz cookies.

Cleaning. Notice this is at the bottom of the list.

*My apologies to The Kat, who (pointed out in comments that she) has been blogging regularly (the only one). I forgot to mention her in my frenzy last night. Be sure to check out her links, especially the one to The Cat's House.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh. I have been blogging every day and twice today, so there. Care to share your recipe for microwave fudge?

Suzique said...

Ok, I'm blagging. Lagging on my blogging. Slogging. Better to be tobogganing.