Sunday, March 13, 2016

My big plan for Saturday was to go see Suburbia at the Minnesota History Center.

Then, would you believe? The Girls texted and asked if I wanted to go to the History Center. Family outing on a Saturday morning - perfect!

There was a great station wagon from the 1950s or 60s.  Little Boy had a blast driving.


I remember living rooms like this.  And what was the deal with those paintings back in the day?


This bench cracked me up.


Turns out the Flying Dutchman has a more varied history than I realized.  The farm implement part of the history is why he ended up at the MN History Center.


The Children continue to be difficult to photograph.



Although on occasion they are still enough to get a crisp shot.


Baby-girl was really having fun revving up the Model T.


The day was beautiful.


I'm still adjusting to the fact that my childhood is in history museums :-D


I had my first walk around the lake for the season.  The contrasts in springtime are interesting.


Hammocks appear to be very popular this year.


It was a good weekend.  I got a lot done.  I am exhausted.  Time to go back to work tomorrow for some rest.

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Those paintings were giveaways at the supermarket I think. We had some. And I went to the SPPL downtown to look at the renovations and two of my books from childhood were displayed in the "historical collection" in the children's room...