Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The colors have been truly spectacular this fall, and the weather has been beautiful too.

This is a shot of my favorite tree in the cemetery at the moment:


Here are my regular buddies across the way - more easily visible now that the trees are going bare:


I found this while walking around Lake of the Isles on Saturday.  I always love the way they change depending upon the tree and its exposure.


The ducks are still around.


Some autumn I will go to the Northeastern U.S. to see all the maples.


They really are special.


I popped into Walktoberfest after volunteering today.  They had a room for selfies but I prefer to stick with my mirror approach.  I love the sculpture garden but inside I can pass on a lot of the pieces.  I did enjoy seeing the portrait of T. B. Walker and the screens that let you see how the original museum looked.


Found this sticker on a post outside - does anyone know who is behind these?


Also, I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but in the old Eleanor Pound house I had a gallery of kid art in the laundry room.  Today I updated my laundry "room" (it's a closet) with kid art:



Also, I thought I was done ripping out the carpet a month ago and then realized that half the walk-in closet was still carpeted.  It was a sad moment but I'm over it now that I got rid of that last piece.

To celebrate I picked up some paint chips so I can see if I might want to paint the floors.  The sky's the limit as far as color and there are some special effects you can add into the paint.  It's an option I am considering.

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

This has been the loveliest autumn in years, I think. I love kid art. IT's my favorite at the State Fair. Illustrated germs one year still makes me laugh when I think of it.