Saturday, October 11, 2014

Atlanta

Don't know if I mentioned I've been in Atlanta this week.

First highlight, Sister Luisa's Church Bar:



It was an interesting cultural experience.


The food was simple.



There were a lot of things that came out of churches.



I find that God is a recurring theme in the South.



I squeezed in a selfie.







This is Sister Louisa.  Apparently she went to seminary to become a minister but never finished (and now has a bar).


I found some of the Living Walls while walking about (I was told today by a man in a silly hat that I should clear out before dark and get back to my hotel):



He didn't say, "You're not from around here are you?" but he did say something pretty close.



And the original Coca-Cola bottling facility (the building in the foreground).  Apparently the World of Coca Cola is a point of interest for tourists here but I did not go.



I did, however, manage to visit the High Museum on Friday night where I saw some American art, mostly modern and some Arts and Crafts:



Like a crochet chair.



Something has gone horribly wrong with the rest of my pictures.  After spending over an hour loading pictures I find all of a sudden half of them are not here.  

Internet service in my hotel room is dicey.  I'll load more pics after I get home.

No comments: