Monday, May 6, 2013

Knitting and Spring and Stuff

It looks like spring is here now. I know I've said it before, but this time I'm not kidding. We missed that big storm a week ago but it did snow on Friday.

We're not going to talk about that though.

I made a square from Sue's SABLE yarn for the project The Girls are working on at Hubbs Center.  Installation is on Monday, May 13th.



In honor of spring, I got a bird bath for the balcony.  That little window it sits under is in my bedroom; I can see it from my desk when I'm working at home in the morning.




I'm making a silk/cotton t-shirt that will hopefully be done before autumn.



Christmas knitting has started.



I had a weird package arrive the other day - postage due since it was forwarded from the Eleanor Pound house.  I was baffled by it as it came from a publisher, and I never get stuff from publishers at home, only at work.  When I opened it I was delighted.  I remembered the book, but I couldn't remember ordering it.  After searching for the order, the bill, or anything else that would reveal how I came upon it, I realized it is a Library Thing review copy.

Score.



My Grand Plan for 2013 included joining the YWCA across the street.  Then I found out what the monthly fee is.  Not going to happen.  So I bought a hula hoop instead.  (Yes, that was Girl-child's idea).  It was rough going at first, but I'm happy to report progress has been made.




Don't know if you've ever heard of Dining out for Life, but this year they gave out stickers, which I thought was kind of cool.




Finally, this scarf is going with to Chicago tomorrow -  a gift for the gal in the business office.



2 comments:

kmkat said...

What a great view you have! and what a great scarf!

Chelsea said...

Ugh, the Y is redonkulously expensive, but M has become attached, so we re-upped for another year. Let me know if you ever want to make use of a visitor pass!