Sunday, November 25, 2012

Progress

Where have I been for the past week? I've been either unpacking, working, feeding my children or visiting Auntie in rehab.

First things first; the modem had to be set up.  It was not easy, not even for the tech who was sent out to help me.  I like its position here, next to the antique pitcher, although the pitcher won't stay there.

There are still a few boxes to unpack, and I have to get blinds to replace the hideous curtains.


The refrigerator is appropriately decked out in magnets.  I remember, years ago, a friend at work said something about another co-worker's house and how the kitchen was pathetic, "with magnets and stuff all over the refrigerator."  I decided then and there that she would never enter my house.

The TV is noticeably old and huge.  I'm waiting for my fairy godmother to come deliver a new, sleek one.

The space is good though, and eventually everything will either fit or be taken to Savers.

I found a great place for the cubes from the old kitchen eating area - all the games, hand knits and yarn can fit, plus there's room for my knitting magazines and a few other things.  I'm sure it will all be full in no time.

I kinda accidentally found myself at Ikea today too.

Adding color little by little.  I found out delivery of bookcases is not too expensive.  Assembly, however, is not in the budget, so I'll be enlisting those hungry children to help me put them together...

No comments: