Wednesday, August 8, 2012

On Houses, Knitting, Harvest, and Mustard

Boy-child and I were homeless again on Sunday, so we went to The History Center. It was great. They say flowers are good for an open house, so I bought some. It's a wonderful excuse, isn't it? No offers yet. My neighbor is absolutely adorable; she brings me flyers from other houses that are on the market in the neighborhood, with annotations that tell me how much cuter my house is and how crappy the other kitchens are...


The Color Affection shawl, which I'm doing in colors outside of my traditional palette, is coming along nicely.


The harvest at the farm has been good. I started some gazpacho tonight, but I need to pick a few more tomatoes tomorrow night on my way home from work. I also threw in some basil and rosemary; can't wait 'till it's ready.


And finally, I stopped at the neighborhood deli the other day. While I waited for my sandwich, I noticed that they have an amazing number of mustards and horseradishes. Ninety-four, I believe; at least that's how many I counted. This photo shows only one side of the shelf that holds them:

3 comments:

Silvernfire said...

Pretty! Well, maybe not the mustard (the mustard is just darn impressive). I like how the shawl colors look together: it's a much different effect than when they were just hanks of yarn in your hands.

kmkat said...

That deli would be a mustard lover's dream. Not me, though; don't much care for mustard. I do, however, like your Color Affection quite a lot.

soxanne said...

Try some of the more exotic ones - you might decide you like mustard!