Saturday, November 28, 2009

House-Full

There's nothing like a house full of kids to lift your spirits. I woke up last night to discover that a friend of Girl-child's was sleeping here.

Having children around must be what keeps The Sandwich Generation going. I'm not sure what folks do when they have aging parents and no children; more time to take care of the parents, to be sure, but less opportunity to see the future.

We watched Coco Before Chanel yesterday, as I mentioned, which was interesting. I didn't know anything about her early life (only a little bit of the WWII part). I also love Audrey Tautou.

In the evening we watched Smoke Signals; I still can't quite figure out why. It came recommended by an unlikely source. I'm still thinking about it. The movie was ok, but not great.

The other night we watched What Have I Done to Deserve This? which was disappointingly dated. Oh well. I still love Almodovar.

And now the weekend begins.

No comments: