Friday, December 2, 2011

Little Free Library

Look at what I found the other day when I was driving down the street!
How awesome is that?!?!

Coincidentally, I was at my old book club's holiday party last night. We talked about Huck Finn, which I didn't care for much. There was a retired high school English teacher in the group though, and I learned a lot about how the book can be used with teenagers in the 21st century, so that was interesting (the book was not on the list at my high school in the 1970s, so I had never read it before). Anyway, I enjoyed the party a lot, the conversation was good and I got a great list of good books to read. My recent approach to book choices has been driven by what's available for download from my library. I love it. Right now I'm listening to Bonhoeffer on audio, which is fantastic, and reading George, Nicholas and Wilhelm (pretty good). I also recently read The White Garden (v.good) and Beatrice and Virgil (ok). I figure at this rate my iPad will pay for itself. If you prefer paper books, I would suggest stopping by the Little Free Library for ideas - here is its location:

1 comment: