Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Fun

I was digging around, looking for ideas, when I found this "watch cat" photo. I don't think I ever posted it before, but even if I did, who cares? I love how fluffy and orange he looks in the sun.
I found this in my London photos - isn't the contrast between the fancy, old fashioned light post and the modern plexiglass with chrome great?

And this, a street performer on the south side of the Thames in London. She reminds me of one of my favorite street artists in Santa Monica.
Someone was looking at rare books the other day at the library. I love the hand colored plates of insects in the old books.
This is from Franconia. Doesn't it describe me oh-so-well? ;-)

I bought this at Eichten's Bistro (thanks Kathy). My mother's aunt Virginia was an incredible cook, and she used to make jam from the chokecherries on the farm. I look very forward to opening it (as soon as I'm done with my current jar of my Auntie's rhubarb). I haven't had chokecherry for so long I'm a virtual chokecherry virgin.
That's it. I put in my notice today. In two weeks I'll be able to do things like cook dinner, clean my desk and pull weeds. And knit more. And read more. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. We call that cat pose "sitting like a cricket" (as opposed to "sitting like a duck", wherein none of the cat's feet are visible).

ii.. Love the lamppost!

C. You are indeed pleasant and admirable!

IV. My mother used to make chokecherry jelly. She would make jam/jelly from any berry she could find.