Sunday, March 28, 2010

London Remnants and Springing Forward

These are the salt and pepper shakers picked up in London to add to our collection:
And this postcard was found at the Churchill Museum and Cabinet War Rooms. Not only was the museum fantastic, I think the postcard is brilliant:
I received a pot of pansies today:

And a most generous gift inspired me to go to Bella Lana to purchase the close-out yarn deal of the season; something I stumbled upon a week or so ago. Because I can't help myself. Plus, I need more yarn (90% silk, 10% viscose in a berry color):
Boy-child is on spring break this week. I wonder if asking that he not only stay out of trouble but also that he get a job is too much? Girl-child is thriving with theatre related activities although there is a boy out there I'd like to pulverize because he's upset her.

I've read some great books recently: The Madonnas of Leningrad was a quick read, well constructed and interesting both personally and historically. The Year of the Flood was a good read too, in spite of it being a quirky apocalyptic look at the future. I now have to decide what to read next from a rather large stack I have in my bedroom.

The seaweed shawl is looking fantastic - over 75% done now. As soon as I get that and the button band done on the Circumnavigated Cardigan I will make another sweater, even if it's only a tank top...socks yes, but must. branch. out.

So much yarn, so many books, so little time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the Cabinet War Rooms -- fascinating. Nice postcard! And I was thinking just today that I should buy a pansy bowl for the front stoop. It's time!