Monday, October 19, 2009

Dream Job

Well, I got passed up on (another) job today; glad I was home catching up on things when I heard the news.

Anyway, it got me to wondering what type of job I should be looking for, since I seem to be barking up the wrong tree.

So I took a little quiz.

It's wonderful how there's a quiz for everything and you can always find answers to important questions with online quizzes, isn't it?

Turns out that instead of listening to everyone whoosh past me, I should be looking into a profession that would enable me to whoosh past everyone else:

Your result for The Dream Job Test...

The Race Car Driver

You're 75% career-driven and 75% ambitious. In addition, you play 65% well with others, and you need a job that keeps you in the limelight 54% of the time!

You like the thought crossing the finish line alone, in front of the rest of the pack, but you also like the thought of other people watching. Sure, there's a pit crew, and sponsors, and a whole support team under you, but you're the one who gets all the glory.

It's lonely at the top, and it takes a lot of work to get there. You don't want a job with normal working hours... no, you'd devote your life to this if it pays off in the end.

Good luck with your future endeavors. Once you go forward, I suspect you're not the type to look back.

Prefer to observe the speed limits when you drive? Try one of these (slightly) more realistic options:

Television News Anchor, Massage Therapist, Dancer, Novelist, College Professor, Military Officer, Simultaneous translator (i.e. one who translates in person, at meetings and such).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much demand is there in the Twin Cities for a simultaneous translator? Seems like you could do that with one easily.

fish said...

Rather than thinking you were passed up, what if this were truly not the job that would make our heart sing? ... as good as the job sounded? ...

fish again said...

plus how reliable it that list? ... I noticed that "sock knitter" was NOT on the list