Saturday, June 2, 2012

Witch's Hat

Girl-child talked me into going to The Witch's Hat on Friday. She lives in Prospect Park, and the one day a year that they open the water tower is the event of the season for the folks in the neighborhood.

The lighting up the staircase is quite old-fashioned. I liked the interior.





Once you get to the top, the views are very good. I hadn't realized until Friday that Prospect Park is the highest ground in Minneapolis.


No one can argue that Minneapolis is a city with a fantastic canopy. I've always liked flying in to town in the summer because it is so spectacularly green. (Our house is in the upper left of this shot, more or less).

It reminded me of going up the Empire State Building in so far as the fact that you're up high in the middle of everything, so depending upon which side of the tower you look down from, the view is quite varied. You really can see a little bit of everything; pretty and not so pretty.


I'm glad I went.

This white house with colored chairs out front was quite charming, I thought. A lot of the houses in the neighborhood are stately.

If I were to find myself walking down this street in winter, I might expect to meet with a faun, even though it is not in the middle of the woods.

It's a great neighborhood for a home.

No comments: