Monday, October 10, 2011

A Clarification

Just taking a moment to clarify the comments of the previous post...

I will officially add to the pet peeves list that I do not like the image of librarian as cat lady. One of the librarians at the conference showed up first thing in the morning covered in pet hair. Mind you, this was coming fresh out of a hotel room. I understand how it is having pets and all, just please pack a lint brush.

In my defense, I would also like to point out that in my self-description in Blogger, I admit to wearing the cardigans and clogs, so I obviously do not reject all the librarian stereotypes. Smart, sassy and quirky are all ok, but dirty and social misfit not so much :-P

At the same time, a (non-librarian) person at the conference referred to us as, "The Diabolical Librarians" which, after the initial surprise, we all embraced enthusiastically.

No comments: