Thursday, May 22, 2008

TTT - This and That Thursday

Well, I'm not sure this Thursday report is going to work - don't feel like I have much to say, really, but here we go ...

Tonight is Quick and Easy Curry cooking class at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. That will give me something to post about later, I hope.

Last night was senior party planning - we're doing an all night party the night of graduation. It never ceases to amaze me that the same people have been volunteering for school stuff for the past thirteen years. I took a break while I was in grad school, but sheesh, d'ya think somebody else could carry the ball for a while? (I guess not)

Tuesday I was at EQS - Enhancing Quality Staff. An annual event, this should have been my third, but it was my first. Resistant though I may be to these things, I enjoyed it.

I especiall enjoyed the woman I sat next to at lunch: a 78 year old who spoke of job security (?!) issues. She also happens to be a neighbor, her grandson goes to school with my children and I know her boss. Small world.

I also enjoyed the talk on election year politics. My favorites are the Truth-O-Meter and the Factcheck sites. Thanks Kirsten.

Monday I was at a cataloging class - Subject Heading Analysis. I know you're all jealous you couldn't be there with me. Rosemary was there too. It's nice to have a friend I can be so nerdy with so we can attend such things together.

Lara of book club is, it turns out, a "famous" photographer. Nice work! Too bad girl-child has already done the graduation thing - better luck with the next child ...

And my naughty, ridiculously silly activity of late: watching Dark Shadows on DVD. I'm on disc 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dark Shadows is available on DVD? Oh great, another time suck. No, another knitting opportunity!