Monday, November 10, 2014

Up!

After my Debbie-Downer post yesterday I feel compelled to post something up-beat today.

We had our first snow today!  

Ok, so that's not always a positive event for people...

I just finished a delightfully funny novel written by a Swede.

The title is The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.

by Jonas Jonasson.

Hilarious book.

Although I hated Forrest Gump, there are certain elements in the novel that are Gump-like.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

I will say no more.

~Also~

Girl-child is 25 years old tomorrow.

This is incredibly hard to believe.

I am so delighted with the person she has become.

Even if she sometimes judges me ;-)

My children give me the greatest joy in life.

It's kind of funny that I find family to be so important.

Family as in, "my children."

Since I don't like very many of my relatives.

Weird how that can work.

And, I bought flowers.



Working from home on a snowy day with fresh flowers on the counter.

Can't be beat.

2 comments:

kmkat said...

1. I just requested that book from the library based on your recommendation.
B. Those flowers are gawjuss!
iii. There is no iii.

Mary Lou said...

I just returned home from my UK trip and still can't adjust to the view outside the window not being green! Have fun at DKN tonight.