Saturday, March 8, 2008

Behind Again

So I'm behind again - this week it was the Senate District Convention which I went to because my 18 year old daughter wanted to know how it worked at the next stage (after caucuses). We had a great time and she learned a lot.

I'm so glad my kids are interested in politics. I think that we are where we are in this country primarily because of lack of interest/participation. Girl-child decided that she'll volunteer for a campaign for her next activity; neither one of us will be going on to the next convention. Also, it turns out that you only have to be 16 to be an election judge, so Boy-child will be old enough to do that in November and he's actually considering it.

In the meantime, I fininshed knitting a chemo cap for the friend of a friend, I'm about to turn the heel on Kara's second sock and I started another plain cuff-down sock for Girl-child to take with her to school in the fall.

I'll try to get to the next of the 23 Things soon!

No comments: