Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tax Time

I did my own taxes today for the first time in my life. Yes, even as a teenager I had a tax-man; my mother worked for the IRS so one of her co-workers did them for me.

In other happenings, I finished a baby gift for a co-worker.  She's due in April but I thought I would mail it in March.  She lives in (northern) California.  I went with the three sock tradition, not because the baby will have three feet but because socks always get lost.



I also went to a new book club this past week - Books and Bars at Republic.  The book was entertaining, the discussion was good and the facilitator lively.  I'll probably go again.  The book for February was The Golem and the Jinni.  Next month is Shotgun Lovesongs which is almost local (Wisconsin).  For St Paulites the meeting place is The Happy Gnome (there's a meeting in Excelsior every month too, but who wants to drive to Excelsior?).


While at Calhoun Square I snapped some photos of an umbrella installation.


Not Christo, but fun.


Mary Poppins even makes an appearance.

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Sweet. Just reserved Shotgun Lovesongs at the library.