Tuesday, September 2, 2008

March on the RNC

We had a good time marching downtown St Paul Monday.

There was a certain tourist-y feel to it, being that it started at the Capitol:
The crowd was large and took a while to get organized:

But the parade finally got started with this up front (it was a peaceful group, no matter what the media says. Most of the people there were peaceniks)


There were veterans of all ages:



There were Men in Black:



There were puppets:


Some of the puppets even had pets:



And there were dancers to entertain us along the way:

There were moments when it didn't feel like we were in Lake Wobegon any more:

I'm sure I've never seen full riot gear in the U. S. before:


This guy was ready to arrest people:


I think some of these people were arrested later on (I told Girl-child to keep her distance):

In the end, we were allowed freedom of speech and freedom of assembly, and we did not prevent anyone from participating in the political process, or destroy anyone's property.

2 comments:

PR said...

Your narrative & pictures are interwoven as seamlessly as your socks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting pictures of the St. Paul police in their full riot gear. #2 son has some photos but he has been unable to email them to me; technical difficulties, I guess.

Can I use your photos on my blog (with full credit, of course)?